Ihana Hamam - hamam.fi is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers.
- to provide a user-friendly and secure service
- provide a good customer experience
- to improve product recommendations and marketing.
- improve customer service and e-commerce
THE CONTROLLER AND ITS CONTACT DETAILS
The controller of the personal data processed is:
Ihana Hamam Oy
Business ID 3092195-1
For more information on data protection and the processing of personal data, please contact: email@example.com
What information can be collected about me?
- Information provided by the user or personally identifiable information
- Identifying information such as name, contact information such as address, e-mail address and telephone number
- payment information, including billing information
- with the customer's consent, location data used to estimate the delivery time.
- data observed and derived from the use of services through analytics
- purchase history, including products ordered and their prices
- delivery information, such as the chosen delivery method and delivery address
- product reviews
- e-commerce usage and browsing data and terminal identification data
- data and identifiers used for product recommendations and other targeted content
The provision of identification, contact and payment information is mandatory when purchasing from hamam.fi via the Internet. The main source of information is the user himself, and we may also receive additional information from our partners, e.g. credit service providers. Personal data we receive from third parties will be disclosed in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR at the first contact with the customer or within one month of receipt of the personal data at the latest.
What will my personal data be used for?
Personal data is used to:
- to maintain the customer relationship
- for the delivery, processing and archiving of orders
- to store, store, process and deliver your order, to process your order, to register your order, to store your order, to process your order, to store your order and to provide you with your order
- to improve the customer experience
- for analytical and statistical purposes
- to provide more personalised targeted content and marketing
- to prevent abuse
- to provide better customer service
The data is processed on the basis of the customer relationship between the customer and hamam.fi, a contract, the use of the website, the customer's separate explicit consent or legal obligations.
How is my data stored and protected?
All personal data is protected against unauthorised access and against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, transmission or other unlawful forms of processing.
Who processes my personal data?
Only our own employees have access to customer data and our staff are trained to use it in a safe and ethical manner. Each of our staff only sees customer data to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties. No information is disclosed to third parties.
How long will my data be kept?
We will only keep your personal data for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this notice. In addition, some information may be kept longer to the extent necessary to fulfil and demonstrate compliance with legal obligations, such as record-keeping and consumer responsibilities. The deletion and anonymisation process is irreversible and we cannot return deleted customer accounts. For some data, the law imposes obligations to store the data for longer periods of time, including for the following purposes:
- the Accounting Act prescribes longer retention periods for data, regardless of whether or not the data contains personal data
- to meet consumer commercial responsibilities.
- system logs are collected and retained as required by law in order to provide a lawful and secure online shopping experience for our customers
- taking adequate backups of the store's databases and systems to safeguard data, correct errors and ensure data security and continuity
What rights do I have?
As a customer, you have the right to:
- Access to personal data concerning you, including the right to obtain a copy of the personal data concerning you
- Request rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, including access to your personal data.
- Under certain conditions, request restriction of processing or object to the processing of personal data
In addition, where processing is based on individual consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. You can make a request to exercise your rights by contacting our customer service. The request must be sufficiently specific to enable our customer service to verify your identity. We will inform you if we are unable to comply with certain aspects of your request, such as deleting any data that we are legally obliged or entitled to retain. If you become aware that the processing is incomplete or unlawful, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
How can I access the data stored about me in the system?
You can request the data stored in our shop from the Account details section (if you have activated it for your use) or by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I influence the use of my data?
You can decide on the marketing targeted to you, the value added services and whether or not to receive various marketing messages. You can also cancel your account at any time and ask Ihana Hamam staff to remove your personal data by contacting email@example.com, alternatively from the hamam.fi website under "contact us".
Note! In some cases, not all information can be deleted and legislation may require you to retain some of your customer information.
Will my personal data be transferred to third parties?
We may disclose some necessary information to third parties to ensure delivery and for marketing purposes. Your data will also be passed on to the lender in connection with a credit decision. We also use customer information with third parties for analytics and personalisation purposes. We share purchase behaviour and browsing data with partners to better provide you with products and offers that interest you. The information used for analytics and personalisation purposes is anonymised or pseudonymised wherever possible. Only we are able to associate the pseudonymised data used with your name.
If necessary, we will also disclose the data to the authorities. We will also always inform the customer of any requests for information, where this is legally permissible.
We transmit data to the following third parties:
- analytical and statistical partners
- analytics, product recommendation and personalisation partners
- email marketing partners where the customer has opted in to weekly newsletter, browsing history-based communications or product review requests
- to SMS partners where SMS messaging is allowed
- to the carrier, if the delivery method chosen is delivery to a pick-up point, nearest post office or to the destination
- to a payment intermediary when paying by payment card
- to a credit issuer, where the customer chooses to pay by credit company invoice or instalment
- to the supplier of the product, when ordering electronic licences or direct delivery products
- to customs, when buying products duty free
Are cookies used on the shop website and what are they?
The partners and technologies we use for analytics and marketing targeting, such as pixel tags and cookies, help us to better understand our customers' behaviour and tell us which products, features and services our customers are interested in. The information used is anonymised wherever possible. Otherwise, we treat the information as personal to the extent that the tag contains customer targeting information, such as an IP address. Tags that can be linked to the customer in some way are also treated as personal data. The validity period of the identifiers is 30s to 24 months.
We use Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google AdWords, Google Display Network and Google DoubleClick for analytics related to our site usage, popular products, trends and sales and, with your consent, for marketing targeting. The information sent to Google is anonymised.
In addition to the privacy features of the account management, you can opt-out of the identifiers used for marketing targeting by enabling the Do Not Track feature in your browser and setting your browser to reject third-party cookies. When logged into a customer account, the privacy settings in the account manager will override the browser's Do Not Track feature.
Where can I contact?